A Journey to Greatness

A COMMUNITY OF LEARNERS: EVERYONE, EVERY DAY, ALL DAY!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Let's meet some of the terrific people that make Normandin Middle School a GREAT place to learn:


Ms. Briggs - Health Education

1.  I have completed a 100-mile race and I am in traning for #2!
2.  The only thing I love more than running is being a teacher.
3.  I love sleepovers at my moms with my two nieces, which occur almost every weekend.
4.  I am in process of completing my goal of running a marathon in every state.  Yes, I am a marathon maniac.
5.  I have lived in 3 countries and 15 states.  I used to hate being in one place too long.  Too bad I did not run marathons when I lived in each of the states.  I would be almost done.  

Ms. Rodriguez - Grade 8 Social Studies


1.  I went to Point Barrow Alsaka, in 2007, on a survival trip where I hunted caribou and seals.  Was immersed in the Inupiaq culture for 7 days eating seal and whale blubber.
2.  I stayed at Mount Vernon for a week during a teacher's institute, in both 2006 and 2008, where I was given the honor of changing the wreath on George Washington's tomb. 
3. I am the family animal advocacy center: Four dogs, two Mccaws and an Arican Grey, oh plus a temporary cat.
(By the way, they are never temporary)
4. I have four grandsons, the oldest is 22 and has just joined the National Guard and the youngest is 6.  (I started when I was five)
5. Quit school and worked the graveyard shift at the mills when I was 16.  My job was, believe it or not, painting the soles of shoes with a 1/2 inch paintbrush. (Don't try this at home)  Since I couldn't stay within the lines, constantly getting  paint on the sides of the shoes, my services were no longer required. Tried other factory work, such as cloth inspector but it was way too exciting and glamorous.  So instead I decided to teach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment