A Journey to Greatness

A COMMUNITY OF LEARNERS: EVERYONE, EVERY DAY, ALL DAY!

Thursday, March 21, 2013



Let's meet some of the terrific people that make Normandin Middle School a GREAT place to learn:
 

Ms. Medeiros - Grade 6 Special Education
     
  1. I live in Bristol, RI
  2. I have two children Jonathan 15 & Katelyn 12
  3. I love car racing and sponsor a female race car driver
  4. I'm addicted to coffee
  5. I have coached with special olympics for 9 years.
 
 
Mr. Simon- Art 
  1. I'm the first male child born in in my family in 45 years, (lucky me)
  2. I played football (linebacker,) with two players who are now in the NFL
  3. My artwork (films,) were featured in galleries in numerous Boston art galleries
  4. I challenge anyone to a racquetball game
  5. I cry every single time I watch Titanic


Mr. Ponte- Grade 7 Social Studies
 
5. "History Nerd" and so proud of it!
I've watched Ken Burns Civil War over 250 time; I am addicted to Founding Fathers philosophy and iwll be at the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg this summer.
 
4. Fish Fear me
Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass tell their young children to avoid me in the rivers, lakes, and ponds of New England, or face the consequences.
 
3. 32 years old and still don't know
I have never drunk alcohol in my life, not a religious or morality issue; just have never had the urge; however bartending my way in college I was happy others would. $$$
 
2. You can go further with a joke and a Smile...
I love to joke, practical and otherwise.  My favorite targets at Normandin? Cheryl Jesse, Michelle Campos and Amanda Bobola.
 
1. Family first
I have coached football and basketball at various high schools in the past decade, but I'm happiest at home with my wife, son and pets.
 
Ms. Rocha- Success Center Facilitator
 
  1. Legal guardian of 81 year old uncle with developmental disabities
  2. Love James Patterson novels
  3. Own a 1974 Triumph TR6 and 1970 Spitfire
  4. Married my friend 11 1/2 years ago
  5. Have 2 dogs that I call my kids....Sheldon 4months & Lilly 3yrs.

Ms. McCormack - Paraprofessional
 
1. I am a leader in any given situation
2. Even though I’m young, I am the most caring and responsible person you’ll ever meet.
3. I believe in discipline and respect.
4. I would love to someday become an FBI agent.
5. I love exploring new and exciting things. I also love to learn how things are made and where they originated from.
 
Ms. Wright-Technology
 
·        Avid nature photographer
·        Travels to Australian winter every summer
·        Has 2 adult children
·        Teaching since 1973
·        Was originally an art teacher


No comments:

Post a Comment