A Journey to Greatness

A COMMUNITY OF LEARNERS: EVERYONE, EVERY DAY, ALL DAY!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

5 Quick Things

Let's meet some of the terrific people that make Normandin Middle School a GREAT place to learn:


Lisa Simmons - Special Education Teacher

1.) I am not originally from the south coast. I grew up in a small town called Maynard, Ma.I graduated froma public school and only had 80 people in my grade! I went to UMASS-Dartmouth as an undergrad and fell in love in with the area and the ocean and have never left!

2.) I got married this September to my husband Peter. We got married in downtown New Bedford at the historic Seamens Bethel. Our reception was at the New Bedford Yacht Club in South Dartmouth, Ma.

3.) I love traveling! I have been to Scotland, England, Ireland, Mexico, Bahamas, New Orleans, LA....On this February vacation Peter and I will be going on our honeymoon to the Punta Cana, Domicacan Republic!

4.) I have a four year old 90 lb. chocolate lab named Brady who is the love of my life! I love taking him on runs and taking him on daily swims in the ocean by our house.

5.) I am really good impersonations. Ask my fellow colleagues who eat lunch with me everyday haha



Mark Moreau-Special Education Teacher

1. I turned 30 this year. The older I get the more I enjoy adventure. Whether it is deep sea fishing in the South Pacific, snorkeling with reef sharks, skydiving, hiking Mt. Washington, completing the Tuff Mudder or planning a trip to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. If it gets my heart beating a little faster, it is for me.


2. I have lived in the North End of New Bedford my entire life. As a young teacher I worked my way from Fall River, to Keith and finally made it here. I love that I can have a direct impact on my community. The two minute commute is a plus as well.


3. I have a two year old yellow lab named Cooper and he usually rides shotgun in the pick up.

4. I play golf often, pick up Saturday AM football games and still hold down short stop on my mens' softball team who has won three straight championships in a row.

5. I have been married for just 6th months to my wife Jessica who is a nurse for Southcoast. She has a big heart. As of right now the only kids I have are the ones that appear in front of me daily! 

No comments:

Post a Comment