A Journey to Greatness

A COMMUNITY OF LEARNERS: EVERYONE, EVERY DAY, ALL DAY!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

5 Quick Things

Let's meet some of the terrific people that make Normandin Middle School a GREAT place to learn:

Casey Cetenich - Grade 7 Science
1. Just got a American Bulldog puppy: Quincy

2. My best friend and I bought houses across the street from each other

3. If I were on Survivor my luxury item would be cherry chapstick

4. Grocery shopping is my favorite "hobby"

5. I am a bridesmaid in 3 weddings in 2013! (I have ALOT of great friends)



Chris Fernandes - Adjustment Counselor 
5. I'm a dedicated Vegetarian... I have been a vegetarian for 12 years. Four of those years I was Vegan!

4. Information, Information, Information... I'm a big fan of learning. I subscribe to 12 podcasts that update daily, have listened to audio books/podcast almost every day since 2001, read tons of articles/books on psychology and philosophy, and love sharing ideas with others.

3. I was much cooler in high school... I was New Bedford's varsity soccer goal keeper. I listened to hardcore punk, had blue hair, skated, and went to a lot of hardcore shows. This calm counselor still prefers fast punk beats, screaming vocal sing-alongs, and kicking around the soccer ball.

2. I'm really a secret ninja... I am a Full Instructor in a self defense system called Rapid Assault Tactics under the same instructor that teaches our U.S. Navy SEAL Team 6. I also study Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Wrestling.

1. I met my wife on the internet before it was cool.... I was first introduced to my wife in an AOL 1.0 chat room and asked her out after we met in person. Fifteen years later, we have a wonderful 10 year marriage, two amazing children (5 year old & 8 month old), a beagle named Faith, a fat cat named Kitana, and a tiny cat named Darmha.

No comments:

Post a Comment